Thursday, May 31, 2012

WOW race report

I made the journey to Madison two weeks ago to race with my brethren in Wheels on Willy. Even though we didn't have a great race strategy for the M 3/4 race, I was simply there to test the legs since I haven't been racing much this season. You would think that I almost forgot how to race since I didn't even know it was the last lap until the last corner where I was wondering why I was heading backward so fast. Regardless of the mediocre result, it was good to be racing again. The highlight of the day was watching my 2-year old daughter in the kids race. I had put her on a strict training regimen that apparently didn't pay off since she finished last in her heat. It's entirely possible that her placement was a result of not having a Trek and being intimidated by her best friend on a push bike. I can't wait for the day she shames me on two wheels.

t. hooyer

No comments:

Post a Comment