Thursday, May 31, 2012

Volunteer

1st things I did this season was volunteer for the Vo2 max study that was posted on the WCA website.  I thought it might be cool to breathe through a hose---well it's not.  The chap that administered the test was Tyler Stein who is writing a thesis titled: DIFFERENCES IN MAXIMAL EXERCISE DURING RUNNING AND CYCLING AS A FUNCTION OF MODE OF EXERCISE FOR TRAINING AND COMPETITION which really just rolls off your tongue, right?  He's looking to earn his doctorate in physiology so that he can get a cool hat that comes with the doctorate.   Currently he's helping coach the UW Whitewater cycling team, but would like to branch out.  So if you need a coach drop Tyler an email at Steintd30@gmail.com maybe you can help proof read his thesis.

 I also built my new team Madone and have been trying to make it to races where my schedule permits.  Also trying to keep my three boys in line Charlie(9), Rex(7), & Tommy(5).  Recently they've all been subjected to watching the Tour of California.  So much that Tommy suggested that I get a Cannondale because of all the commercials.  That's when I sat all three of them down and told them how a little red barn in Waterloo in the year of 1976 changed and shaped cycling forever.......and that's why we ride TREKS!

 
j.cassady

No comments:

Post a Comment