Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Western Alps....I wonder where this lunch ride will go today.

I had a unique opportunity for a midday week ride today. Two peanut butter and honey sammies in the pocket and two large bottles....down the road I rolled. It is amazing how early the trees are budding this year. If you are looking for some 'diesel' climbs in the spring (versus power climbs) - this would be a great route to do. I think there is actually about a 7 mile climb in the middle leading to Blue Mound. In the valleys all the trees are in early budding stage, at the tops of the ridges they are all still dormant. Lots of great scenery out there in western Dane county. A great fluid stop in Mazo and Mt. Horeb, then a roll back into Madison on an extremely bumpy Military ridge trail. I hope you all are enjoying these last couple early summer days before spring comes back. I actually miss spring :) Dirk.Rettig

No comments:

Post a Comment