Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sweat and Sunscreen

m.kamphuis

Weather has finally warmed up (too warm?) and the riding has been great. Some hot, sunny rides have left salt on my cap and left my jersey/short tan in great condition.

Racing has been less than mediocre when it comes to results. I've been enjoying the races, but I always leave feeling a little shorted. Haven't quite figured out the 3s yet...I feel like I'm lacking the snap to go with some of the accelerations. Or sometimes even the motivation to try knowing that there are going to be lots of hard accelerations and only 1 or 2 that really matter. In better news, Doug took 2nd at Fitchburg on Saturday. Lots of splits towards the end of the race and for a lap or so it looked like it was going to all come back together. Turns out anther split that I missed this year. Seems to be the story of the year.

While the results haven't been all that good, the news from the power meter has. The Quarq has told me that last week Sunday I put in a stellar 2-hour power number. I hope to put that to use this upcoming weekend at Nine Mile for the WORS Big Ring Classic. Maybe the lack of having to use tactics will allow a good result...time will tell.

Get out and enjoy the weather that this spring shorted us! Use that sunscreen...or try to top my tan lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment