Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lattitude Adjustment

Fo Smith

I've had a pretty good winter.  Probably the best one I've had since I moved to Wisconsin from Oklahoma almost five years ago.  There, I'd say we got maybe 6 weeks of what would be considered "Winter", and adjusting to the longer, harsher, more brutal winter almost took its toll on me.  For whatever reason, I've managed to be positive this winter and have been out riding in weather I would have never considered being out in back home.  Now, riding out when its 20 degrees with ice/slush/packed snow/salt/sand all over the roads really isn't a big deal.  Combine that with skate skiing almost every day and I've had a helluva productive winter.  I've managed to shed almost all of the weight that had kind of crept up on me during the past 4 years. I guess I'm ready to see what happens.  

I'm incredibly fortunate to work where I work and to have cool supportive folks around me all day.  I'm also lucky to have fallen into this team.  Just when I was in need of a place to land team-wise, this one kind just kind of "happened", and its super cool to be riding for a bike team based out of Trek's world HQ!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment