Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jan Ullrich Redux - WTF!

Jim Merrifield

In a post earlier this week, Matt mentioned the Jan Ullrich syndrome - AMEN! But not to worry - I was going down to FLA and riding my butt off - or at least substantially reducing it! After a whole lot of 4 hour rides and aver 450 total miles, I got home and first time on the scale - WTF! I was UP 2 lbs! DAMN! And here I was already worried that Jan (not Ullrich but my dear svelte wife) would stop calling me "lamba" and start calling me "chunky monkey". Must have been that SEE food diet I was on whilst in FLA. Or perhaps the SEE BEER diet. Well, much as I hate it, it is time once again for the DFE diet (Don't Freakin' Eat). I have discovered, much to my dismay that the combination of old and fat do not equate to successful racing. And I have found that if I am trying to lose weight during the season, I do not recover very well, can get tired more easily. So NOW is the time. I am down to my pre-FLA weight but gotta keep going. First race is in less than 2 weeks - good thing it is FLAT, FLAT, FLAT!

So, teammates, I was not the first to ride the new Madone but will I be the first to race it????

1 comment: