Sunday, April 1, 2012

How I love California

Forrest and I returned from California this past week and I'm already looking forward to getting out there next year. I was so happy we were able to go since about three weeks prior, I completely tore my ACL and didn't know if I'd be able to ride at all. I got range of motion back about a week before we were scheduled to leave so I was beyond thrilled that we didn't have to cancel our trip and I was able to ride more than I expected while we were out there and just clear my head a bit before I schedule surgery. 
I love the Santa Ynez and Santa Barbara area. Riding out there is truly an amazing experience between the scenery and things you don't see back in Wisconsin such as people parasailing and hang gliding! And I admit, I love riding in Solvang because of the danish bakeries and the flaky, cherry pastries that I devoured more than a few times after a long ride. 

Most importantly, I have to give a HUGE shout out to Dave Lettieri and his staff at Fast Track Bicycles, a Trek dealer in Santa Barbara. I have no words for how helpful they were when Forrest had some 'bike issues' and their overall knowledge and welcoming atmosphere. They definitely take care of their customers and it when we were in there, it was obvious that they have a loyal following. 
http://www.fastrackbicycles.com/Fastrack/Welcome.html Check them out if you are ever in the area!!

Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment