Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What's better than owning a Madone?

Owning two of course!!
Forrest was able to get me a 6.9 SSL. I love it. Absolutely LOVE it! And being the girl that I am, I really am happy with the color scheme. I've always wanted a black and silver pearl combination. 

The last race Forrest and I did was the State Criterium Championship in Menomonee Falls. 
Surprisingly, we had a very small turnout for the women's open race.
Nine of us were in the race and the group was dominated by one team making up 6 of the nine. That can certainly have an effect of the dynamics of the race, but for me the big challenge was the heat. The air was so thick with humidity I never felt like I could really take full breaths. Nothing like going anaerobic and feeling like you have wet washcloths stuffed in your lungs! I found myself daydreaming a few times as the course went past someone's backyard with a swimming pool. I really wanted in that pool. 
Overall it was a great race and the only disappointment is that it marked off the ending of another summer weekend!

If I could only figure out how to live in California during the winter months......


Shelley Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment