Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WCA Women's open

S. Smith
Unfortunately I have no photos of the women's 1/2/3 racing from this past weekend. I sure did get a constant stream of compliments on the new team clothing by Voler, in fact, one woman even commented how much she liked them during our race at Menomonee Park on Saturday. 
Sunday at the Great Dane criterium, the storms held off for the women's open which wasn't until 4:55PM. I was honestly just glad I finished since the winds were so strong and it took all I had to hold my line and find spots to stay tucked in. Hiding from the wind can be tough to do since our field only had eleven women which is obviously much smaller than all the men's fields. 
While I didn't get a winning result either day, I enjoyed pushing myself and racing for the first time on my new Madone which I can't rave about enough! Wow...what a responsive bike! Now I just need to work on my timing to get in the right spot at the right time so I can finish a bit higher when final results are posted. Though I'll admit, while results can be satisfying, what's even better is getting an Oreo coffee malt after the race to enjoy on the way home. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment