Friday, September 28, 2012

USGP #1

I forgot how much it hurts to Cx race averaging 175 for the 45 mins or so.  I haven’t seen that number for a while.

 

Lined up at the back of the bus for the M123 race on Saturday with a number 73 on my back out of 82 I believe, nice.  That’s what I get for registering late. 

 

This was my first go on this course so I really didn’t know what to expect except for the “techy” section that I was able to inspect after the previous race.  Being a mountain biker the “techy” section suits me better anyways.  Overall the course was pretty sweet and fast. 

 

As is always the case we had a fast and furious start and on one of the early corners I leaned too far in and washed out, dang, a bunch of guys went past.  Get back on, head down, and the field was pretty spread out by this time.  I got in behind another racer and we started to pass a bunch of guys and kept making our way forward for a few laps and then crash again! I again leaned in too far, washed out AND dropped my chain.  I was able to hold position for the last 2 or 3 laps and finished in the middle-back somewhere but 7th for the Cat 3’s.  I’ll take it for my first race of this year.

 

Looking forward to the East Troy night race…

 

-Sanjay

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment