Monday, September 19, 2011

First cross race of the season, in the books

Jackson Park, Chicross

Made the long drive down to Chicago with Mere P and Mike M to do the 40+ and 30+ races. Field sizes were HUGE. Seventy guys (and one gal!) in the 40+ and 100 guys in the 30+. Crazy. Plus they had not one but two Cat 4 fields of 100 each. Huge fields all around.

Having been in China for 2 months this summer I am heading into cross season in a "building" phase; as in building endurance from next to nothing. So was pretty pleased with a 5th in my first 45 min race and 16th in my second, immediately following the first; especially given the huge fields and starting about 4 rows (of 10) back in each race.
I am older and slower, but my bike is faster!
One minor altercation near the end of the first race and one dramatic crash near the beginning of the second race (that apparently no one I know saw) and after I check out my Cronus CX today I think I will say "no worse for the wear!"

USGP Planet Bike Cup in Sun Prairie this coming weekend.
It's going to be HUGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment