Friday, May 13, 2011

Fit for spring!

Today I was able to get some help with fine tuning my fit on the Madone. Wow! The Retul system is something else!
I've always had nagging piriformis issues and I don't want it to become a problem this season. Speaking of seasons, it sure has been a strange spring in Wisconsin. It doesn't feel like May at all, and I know that all too soon, August will be here and road racing will be over in the blink of an eye. I've surprised myself with some of my race results because I don't feel like I have the fitness I had last year, since the weather has been partly to blame for me not getting the quality/quantity of miles in that I hoped to have by now. There's a lot of strong girls out there and they definitely challenge me every time we leave that start line. 
But, I have no complaints as I'm really enjoying getting to know the guys on the team and hanging out with a really fun and laid back group of people. They are so supportive and full of laughs. To me, that's more important than any race result I accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment