Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Iceman Cometh 2016

Iceman is always one of those races that can be absolutely terrible or the best day ever. It is November in Northern Michigan after all. Anything is possible. I went in with podium dreams based on what I knew from last years race but I was in for a big surprise. The weather this year had been beautiful so the course was as dry as it had ever been and as fast as it had ever been. This would not play into my favor. I would much prefer the weather to be terrible and the course to be hard. I ended up finishing in 1:50:45 which was 12 minutes faster than my previous attempt but the winner was 1:33! Crazy fast for a fatbike. You can see the ride here; https://www.strava.com/activities/767023703

Looking forward to some more cyclocross with the Battle Of Waterloo this weekend and the ultimate goal of state champs!




Rich Weis and his Old Man Winter mask







No comments:

Post a Comment