Sunday, September 6, 2015

KOM



But......

Here's the KoM leader after 50 meters past the finish line.



Someone lapped wheels and went down right in front of me. Took me with him. Broken right collar bone.

Signing off from GMSR.

Eric and Mike
Sent from my iPhoneReport from Green Mountain Stage Race.

Stage 1 - 6 mile TT
Meteyer was sitting in 7th only 3 sec out of third and 30 sec out of first. Decent position. Knuth was off his A-game and was 50 sec behind Meteyer.

Stage 2 - 53 mile road race
Trek Midwest strategy was to minimize wasting matches as we'd had done in previous years that we paid for in the mountain stage the next day. Meteyer took maximum KOM points on both rates climbs. It wasnt the going in plan but the opportunity was there so i took it. I was fourth wheel at 500m of top of the first climb and feeling really good. I jumped at 300m. One guy came with me and pasted me at 100 m to the line but i fought back and got him by half a wheel at the line. The second climb jumped at 500m and went uncontested. The race finish came down to a field sprint and we finished in the pack.

At the finish line of the stage here is the KoM leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment