Friday, July 25, 2014

Training For States

Anybody out there???

So...  I've been quiet on this "Blogger" for a while.  I apologize for the lack of my great stories and my recommendation of cheap, good beers.  It's been a great but long summer.  I never thought focusing so much on the road scene would take me all the way to the end of July!  I am tired!  Yet, I have had some good results.  Top 11 at the La Crosse races. 6th, 7th, and 11th at the TOAD races I did. A couple podiums here and there. I'm happy.  However no win yet like I want so bad.... soon.

So forth, the last major race of the season is coming up on Sunday.  The State Road Race.  I have a couple buddies who are not on the team planning on racing with me.  We have a plan, we will be active, it will be fun!

He's a pic of the clan training out west of Cross Plains, WI in the hills.  We did 55 miles west of Madison with the last 6 miles on the Military Ridge Trail. Which is gravel. I felt like Fabian on the cobbles.  It's the closest we get to Paris Roubaix here.  It was a great, sunny Sunday!

After States it's Cross Season!  Much needed.  However, that will bring cold temperatures.  Not sure how I feel about that yet.  Maybe I'll move to SoCal.

Well,  get out there and enjoy a ride!

Tony

2 comments:

  1. Cross in WI isn't cold till late November. You'll be fine!
    How did State RR go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Thanks Greg. I was 4th! Inches from 3rd... Happy about that!

    ReplyDelete