Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday Morning Traffic Jam

Luckily for me, this tractor was only going slightly slower than I was. 
My commute is a 13 mile one-way ride and this is about the worst traffic I have to deal with.  I should have seen if he could bring that planter over to my house and get some grass seeded.  The neighbors are getting concerned!

Instead of planting grass, I've been riding on a consistent basis.  Weekend racing as well as riding, commuting to work, as well as getting in the "long-way-home" rides.  Seems to be working pretty well.  I felt really good at the first GDVC race.  Had great legs, threw down the first attack and then played the teammate role when Curtis got off the front as part of the second breakaway.  The second GDVC race didn't feel as good.  I had a one too many barley-pops the night before.  However, I ended up with the same placing as the week before, so I can't be too unhappy.

I was quite happy about this past weekend's performance.  The Cat 3 group at Muskego was not about to let any breakaways get up the road, so I stuck in the bunch and waited for the sprint.  A couple of guys burned matches late into the race, which made it pretty easy to get a good position heading into the last turn.  I was looking really good until a rider in front of me faded to his right during the sprint.  Despite having to stop and restart my sprint part way up the climb, I was able to finish up in 4th place for the day.  

Hoping that 4th turns into a podium in the next few weeks!

Get out there and enjoy the riding.  It doesn't get much better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment