Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cross Eyed

dblomme
I’ve never been able to clear the blues with alcohol. If anything, it just makes me destructive when I’m in that mood. Riding, and riding hard has always helped clear my mind. The last two weeks have kicked in a good transition. I’ve been mountain biking most every day, finding trails that I forgot were there, and even threw on the squishy shoes and started to run again. One of the cool things about cyclocross which is similar to mountain bike racing, is that on some level, it is more of a solo effort. In a road race or criterium, your other teammates are relying and depending on your effort and smart tactical racing. Cross, not so much. I’ve missed some key races this summer with travel to Europe (not complaining because the trips were awesome), so cross season is going to get a serious punch in the face. I’ve got a couple cross seasons in me and upgraded, so I plan to be ready. We should have a strong team for cross this year - I’m shining up the cowbells and already looking forward to it even though it’s 6 weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment